UNT's McCarney out of hospital after stroke
- Hermann starts first day as Rutgers' AD
- Ex-Okla. State QB Lunt joining Illinois
- 325 ex-PSU players support Paterno suit
- Kansas dismisses junior transfer Martin
- Mizzou LB Boozer dismissed after arrest
DENTON, Texas (AP) North Texas football coach Dan McCarney is out of the hospital following a stroke last week.
McCarney felt his left side go numb Feb. 12 and was taken to an area hospital. Doctors later confirmed he had a stroke.
A university spokesman says McCarney was released last Thursday and has returned to the office for about an hour each day. McCarney has said he expects to lead the Mean Green through spring drills, which begin on March 28.
The 58-year-old McCarney was hired to coach the Mean Green in November 2010. He went 5-7 in his first season last year.
Previously, he coached at Iowa State from 1995 to 2006 and has worked as an assistant at Florida, South Florida, Wisconsin and Iowa.
Updated February 20, 2012